Welcome to PHXFan!
PHXFan is the leading sports blog for Arizona High School and College sports. It is the next generation of SportZine Magazine, which hit high school campuses throughout the Valley in 2003. More About PHXFan...
- More AZ prep wrestlers finding college opportunities in-state
- Pac-12 football fans get early peek at UA, ASU squads
- Turnaround season ahead for NAU women’s basketball?
- Biggest series of the season up next for GCU softball
- ASU, UA athletics kick off more major renovation work
- AIA responds to media charges of lack of accountability
- Can Jacob Belshe hire keep Blue Ridge HS football on top?
- 3rd state title: Xavier Prep still dominating sand volleyball
- Olympian Zeke Jones hired to revive ASU wrestling program
- After Brophy Invite, add Hamilton boys VB to state title talk
- NAU swimmers add national ranking to first-ever WAC title
- RichRod sifting through pile of QBs before UA spring game
- UA track teams get wake-up call in loss to Oregon Ducks
- Major shifts taking place in top AZ prep football programs
- Sand volleyball matching up AZ colleges at all levels
- Brophy, Mountain Pt. will play in 2014 Sollenberger Classic
- ASU softball wins Territorial Cup point, climbs nat’l rankings
- UA takes Wisconsin to overtime before losing Final Four bid
- UA’s Sean Miller, brother Archie on same path to NCAA title
- ASU sends 16 to bat in one inning…stuns rival UA, 14-6
Popular TopicsAntelopes Arizona Arizona State ASU Baseball basketball Brophy Prep Chaparral High Corona del Sol cross country Dallas Escobedo Football GCU Golf Grand Canyon Grand Canyon University Hamilton High Herb Sendek High School Jahii Carson Ka'Deem Carey mens basketball NAU Northern Arizona Northern Arizona University Pac-10 Pac-12 recruits Rich Rodriguez Sean Miller Soccer (Men) Softball state championships Territorial Cup Todd Graham Track & Field University Arizona UofA Volleyball Wildcats women women's basketball womens Wrestling Xavier Prep
Browse by Category
- ASU basketball's Jahii Carson has shined in Las Vegas March 13, 2014
- Phoenix Suns drop third straight in Eric Bledsoe's return March 13, 2014
- Mark Trumbo hoping to show he's more than a power hitter for Arizona Diamondbacks March 13, 2014
- Youthful infusion providing Phoenix Coyotes a late-season jolt March 13, 2014
- Q&A with Phoenix Coyotes Chairman and Governor George Gosbee March 13, 2014
More AZ prep wrestlers finding college opportunities in-state
“Arizona has some great wrestlers and we want to give them a chance to be NCAA Division I All-Americans at GCU.” That statement came from R.C. LaHaye, the head […]
Pac-12 football fans get early peek at UA, ASU squads
Hang in there, college football fans. Pac-12 play doesn’t begin for another 128 days, when Arizona State opens the 2014 season by hosting Weber State. And University of Arizona […]
Turnaround season ahead for NAU women’s basketball?
Every new head coach taking over a failed program would love to have a quick fix to get back on top. Sue Darling may have just found her version […]
The success formula that Ann Pierson has used to build a solid softball program at Grand Canyon University apparently is working almost as well at the next level. The […]
These days, the end of the regular sports season marks the beginning of the construction season. At least that’s the case at the state’s two Pac-12 schools. Over the […]
Scott Bordow must have really hit a nerve when he voiced his concerns about the lack of transparency and accountability in the state’s high-school governing body. Bordow’s article in […]
In the sleepy little community of Pinetop-Lakeside, high in the White Mountains of Arizona, the usual eager anticipation of another state-title run for its high school football team has […]
Xavier Prep saw an opportunity three years ago to get on board early in the movement to introduce a new sport at the high-school level. And now it’s turning […]
Almost a decade ago, the Arizona State wrestling program was on the verge of extinction before a booster’s group rallied to find the funding it needed to continue operating. […]